InsanityX Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to InsanityX Forum

HomeHome  Play Now ! (Webclient)  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Vote  Download Client here  Server Status  Donate  

How to be a respected on the Community

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sparc mac
Owner
Owner
sparc mac

How to be a respected on the Community Empty
PostSubject: How to be a respected on the Community   How to be a respected on the Community I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:24 am

Mainly, this guide is for those of you who are going to be trying out to become a moderator in the near future. Or, if you just want to be a little more respected than you are right now, this could help you out a bit.

There's really not much to say, so I'll kind of just point out the things that would help, and explain why they work.

Respect is gained in several different ways, such as "doing greater favours for people and helping them out in tricky situations." Players should respect other players higher in the hierachy.
Defend your opinions and insights.
This works mainly for the more mature people who see you as someone who can defend themselves and stand up for what they believe in, what they say, how they act, etc. If someone assumes differently, explain to them WHY they're wrong, don't be a dick about it, take the long road and talk it out with them, instead of cutting to the chase and calling them a bitch or something.

Help out around the community.
I, myself, as a newfag, have been "working my ass off," per se, trying to help out as much as I can when I'm on the job. If you see a moderator or administrator being over-run by new players asking a bunch of random questions, come over to them, call out their name, and tell them that you'd help them. It makes their job a lot easier, and you'd gain some respect from them afterwards.

Treat others the way you want to be treated.
That's right, the golden rule. Treat other people with respect, and in most cases, they will treat you the same way. Politely talk to them, ask them a question, be sincere and nice, and actually sound like you care about their problems, even if you don't.

Don't suck up.
I, myself, kind of find it pointless to suck up to staff. People around you will start to call you a modhunter, someone who kisses asses to try to get into the "posse" of staff. I understand you want to become a moderator in the future, but c'mon. This isn't the right way to do it, and I find it childish to think that you'd attempt to get people to recommend you based off of biased opinions.

Generosity
Every once in a while, it's nice to have someone help out around the community by giving some money to new players. Not the ones that beg, but the people that look like they aren't that rich, and to those who you think are deserving of it. This will not only help you gain respect from that player, but from others as well.

Grammar
Grammar is a big part of respect. I'd respect someone who cares about their sentence structure rather than someone who "talks liek dis" and mixes their words. I'm not sure why, but I always look up to people who talk to me like a real person, instead of someone who can't type.

One of the main reasons I made this guide was because of the community I've been seeing recently. The community is changing, in bad, and in good ways. I see more people helping out, more people being nice, instead of the trash talking, greedy people I once saw a few days ago. I'd appreciate it if this guide would help change some of you to become a better person, and at least try to gain respect from some of the people around you. Some of you don't care about "respect," and just want to play the game because it's a game, so this guide isn't for you.

I will be updating this guide every once in a while with things that I would think would help you become more respected in the community. (If the thread lives, that is. )
Back to top Go down
https://insanityx.forumotion.org/

How to be a respected on the Community
Page 1 of 1